Celebrating Cultures, Promoting Integration
The weather forecast for this weekend is not quite on our side. With heavy rains in the forecast for Saturday and scattered showers on Sunday you might be thinking about spending your entire weekend under the duvet. Well, we won’t let the rain dampen your spirit.
And therefore we have brought the best for you. Here’s the list of five indoor events taking place this weekend where you can have a blast without getting drenched.
- Korean Film Festival: The Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Ireland has announced the return of the Korean Film Festival: Ireland for 2017. The festival starts on June 8 and is on till June 10 at Light House Cinema, Smithfield, Dublin 7. Tickets are free but limited to 2 per person. Entrance for ticket holders will be on a first come first served basis. Checkout their facebook page for more information: https://www.facebook.com/korembassy
- Howth Literary Arts Festival: The Howth Literary & Arts Festival will take place in the beautiful environs of Howth Castle from June 9th to 11th, 2017. The third year of the Festival, will continue with the literary and artistic programme to include drama, cultural history and literary arts events. The opening event will begin with an exploration of Balscadden Bay and its mystic influence reflected in the work of WB Yeats, JP Donleavy and Lobsang Rampa, while singer and local resident Jeannette Byrne will outline the significance of her childhood home Balscadden Cottage. Also, music related to the themes and times of Echoland will be performed. For further information visit their website http://www.howthliteraryfestival.com
- Hack the Brain Dublin: Hack the Brain Dublin is an immersive, creative weekend in Science Gallery Dublin that aims to get artists, designers, neuroscientists, experimental psychologists, engineers and developers working together in transdisciplinary teams to develop ideas into prototype artworks, objects, inventions or interfaces that use or harness brain signals and brain-computer interface (BCI) technology. The event will kick-off on Friday June 9 and is on till June 10 2017. Visit their website here: https://dublin.sciencegallery.com/page/hackbraindublin
- Down with Jazz: Down With Jazz, Dublin’s annual festival of ‘filthy foreign rhythms & devilish beats’ moves across the Liffey and into The Grand Social for it’s 6th edition on 10th-11th June with a shameless line-up of jazzy grooves. The event starts at 07:30 pm at The Grand Social, Dublin. Visit the website to get your tickets http://downwithjazz.ie.
- /GLITCH Festival: Glitch Festival is celebrating its 6th year and has grown into Ireland’s foremost digital arts festival. Glitch Festival brings leading media and technology artists, curators and artist groups together with audiences to draw out connections between art, culture and technology with the aim of fostering greater critical understanding and debate around artist’s interaction, investigation and intersection with technologies. Visit the website for more information. http://ruared.ie/events/category/glitch-festival